Go Back to Phrasal Verb Practice
Phrasal Verb Practice - ANSWERS
1. I'm so sorry, but I can't make it to your party on Saturday. A family matter came up and I have to go home for the weekend.
2. Maria's friend died last month, but please don't bring it up when we go over to her house for dinner.
3. If I don't watch what I eat over the holidays, then I will end up gaining weight.
4. I lost my keys! Did you by any chance come across them when you were in the kitchen?
5. She doesn't want want Martin on her team. They don't get along with each other.
6. This game is too difficult. I give up! Let's play something else.
7. Just hold on a minute. I will be there in a second!
8. That solution did not work out. We need to come up with another idea.
9. We need to set up the tables and chairs before the big presentation.
10. How did you make out at the fundraiser? Did you raise lots of money for
11. Bullies are terrible! They always tease and put down kids who are smaller than them! We can't let them get away with that!
12. Let's go out to the movies tonight. We can hire a babysitter to look after the children.
13. Mark cannot get over the fact that he failed the test. He shouldn't be surprised because he put off studying until the last minute!
14. Can you find out her phone number for me? I tried to look it up on my smart phone but I can't find it.
15. Our new professor turned up to class late, but she turned out to be a very exciting speaker!
16. Go on! Keep telling your story. If I don't hear the end of it, I might fall apart!
17. If you carry on studying until this evening then you can come out to the movies with us tonight!