Go Back to Listening Comprehension
English Listening Comprehension
The following listening exercise has been designed and created to help improve and practice your overall English-listening skills.
First, listen to the mp3-file and write down everything that you hear. You can pause the dictation, listen to it two, three, or four times, etc.
Second, answer the comprehension questions.
Difficult Listening Comprehension
Michelle Obama - Comprehension Questions
1) According to the article, when during the U.S.-presidential inauguration event does the First Lady attract the public's attention?
2) Who designed Michelle Obama's inaugural gown?
3) According to the article, which of Michelle Obama's gowns is displayed at the Smithsonian Museum?
4) Which of the First Lady-gowns on display at the Smithsonian is the fashion favourite?
5) When did the public start taking interest into the attire of the First Lady and its designer(s)?
6) How does the curator from the Smithsonian Museum, Lisa Kathleen Graddy, describe the U.S.-presidential inauguration?
7) By how much has the amount of Obama's inaugural balls been scaled back?
8) According to Richard Norton Smith, why do people hold inaugural balls?
Check the ANSWERS