Go Back to English Phrasal Verbs
Phrasal Verb Practice
Use the 25 most common phrasal verbs to fill-in the blanks. Remember to conjugate your verbs according to their tense.
1. I'm so sorry, but I can't make it to your party on Saturday. A family matter _________ and I have to go home for the weekend.
2. Maria's friend died last month, but please don't _________ it ______ when we go over to her house for dinner.
3. If I don't watch what I eat over the holidays, then I will _________ ______ gaining weight.
4. I lost my keys! Did you by any chance _________ ______ them when you were in the kitchen?
5. She doesn't want want Martin on her team. They don't _________ ______ with each other.
6. This game is too difficult. I _________ ______! Let's play something else.
7. Just _________ ______ a minute. I will be there in a second!
8. That solution did not _________ ______. We need to _________ ______ ______ another idea.
9. We need to _________ ______ the tables and chairs before the big presentation.
10. How did you _________ ______ at the fundraiser? Did you raise lots of money for
11. Bullies are terrible! They always tease and _________ ______ kids who are smaller than them! We can't let them _________ ______ ______ that!
12. Let's _________ ______ to the movies tonight. We can hire a babysitter to _________ _______ the children.
13. Mark cannot _________ ______ the fact that he failed the test. He shouldn't be surprised because he _________ ______studying until the last minute!
14. Can you _________ ______ her phone number for me? I tried to _________ it ______ on my smart phone but I can't find it.
15. Our new professor _________ ______ to class late, but she _________ ______ to be a very exciting speaker!
16. _________ ______, keep telling your story. If I don't hear the end of it, I might _________ ______!
17. If _________ ______ studying until this evening then you can _________ ______ to the movies with us tonight!